Thursday, July 3, 2008

Between the Lines

What is the deal with these past couple of days being awesome? Is it just because this is what happens when you stop trying to control everything and hand God the reins again? Yeah. I basically think I have things figured out, then He surprises me with what I can't think of a better word for than a reappearance, a revitalization for my life. I have a sense that even better things are yet to come! Yay for self-discovery moments.

Me, Tim and Joey went to Lucille's and had bomb food as usual. Sweet tea! (LOVE) I studied for the GRE some, a few minutes with Lindsay as she freaked out because she can't use a calc haha.. and before that, I worked from like 9:15 to 3:50 (yay for being an hour and 15 minutes late for work because I overslept?? No!!) annnnd.... oh yeah!

Today at work I didn't have tons to do so I was intermittently distracted by the note I wrote on Facebook about myself trying out for the big Idol in 3 weeks. 12 comments. Most of whom writing words of support and expressing their interest in an aforementioned shirt creation idea?! YES. So I spent the majority of the afternoon creating a first draft of the shirt I would like my fans to wear (lol) and it looks really good. But I have a feeling a lot of guys are going to take issue with wearing a teal colored shirt with hot pink text on it?? So I am willing to consider suggestions for a different shirt design. Marc thinks black would be stylin' but I just think it's too hot to wear black :( My second color scheme choice would be Sun Devil colors!! Things are happening... I am stoked. But it's a big undertaking! I want to order at least 30 shirts so the price will be about $12/shirt (not bad) and more shirt requests than that will drive the price down dollar by dollar, at 50 shirts we could get them for $9! But I am also going to look at a couple other print shops and see what kind of deals I can get when I compare them. The shirt I made for Alex with the panda bear on it from Brand X was as much as the online company wanted to charge me per piece at 6 items!!?! SO.. just a guess but I think Brand X will be much cheaper.

I need to get in bed at some point here so I can get better sleep than last night! I only got about 3 hours and that's about a third of what I usually get (on Saturdays and such). Tomorrow is the last day of the pay period and you know what that means... one week from tomorrow I get PAID!!! First pay check from my job!! Weeee... can't wait for that sweet, sweet cash flow.

Goodnight! (Really, a good one)

1 comment:

Brandy said...

So, in regards to the Idol tryouts, I didn't comment because I just didn't know what song you should sing. There are so many excellant ones! But, I will totally support you and buy the shirt as well. :) Besides Hollywood isn't that far away, we could come up with a cheering section and call it "Aims hot posse". Yeah, I totally just made that up on the spot!
God never ceases to completely awe me and humble like nothing I've ever experienced.
Sweet diggity dog, God is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. :)

Do you think it is possible to fall in love with the wrong person?