Thursday, June 19, 2008

12

I am a little annoyed when people ask me about my status when I'm trying to be enigmatic. I know what it means, and for me to have to explain it would defeat the purpose of me writing it the way I have in the first place. Yes?

I really want to start writing songs again because I feel like a lot of the feelings I have would be better addressed through music. I have loved just playing chords lately, looking up songs that I have long forgotten about since their popularity peaked and their songs disappeared (remember Westlife, Sarah McLachlan, Green Day?).



This morning me and Breck stayed up till 5:30 playing video games after a couple hours at Old Chicago for his birthday. It was pleasant. I have tried to get rid of the negative experiences I had with alcohol and replace them with positive ones so I won't hate it so much. It's just always all around, and I got to a point where it made me uncomfortable. And once I turned 21 I was able to fix that. So things are nice and balanced, I'm glad for that.

In high school it was that party where I was the only one sober and everyone was drunk and I felt so alone. Like I was the only one not doing it. Well, I waited it out without any problems, and now that I am 21 I have good friends with whom I can engage in social activities where delicious drinks are involved without getting out of control. Not a lot of people understand where I am even coming from on this idea, like why do you drink if you don't get drunk, and other weird things like that. But the way I see it is... drinks are a part of the fun, not THE fun. The FUN is the people around you and the activities you engage in. Drink responsibly (and you can still be socially accepted, I promise).

My only qualm with alcohol is how expensive it is. I would think that could be enough to keep people from consuming it all the time but that's not the case.


Big ups to God for another cool day, good times with good friends, and a place to rest my head when it's time for sleep. We are luckier than we know.

No comments:

Do you think it is possible to fall in love with the wrong person?