Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6

Briefly, I found out the other day that I almost applied to the wrong graduate program. That's not a small problem! haha.. This happened unofficially the other day when I was talking to Lindsey and looking at the graduate program she's applying to. She said she was applying through the MLF School of Education, and I thought "But you want to do counseling? That sounds a lot like what I want to do and I thought I was going to be able to do that by getting into the psychology program?"

So I look it up, and I still wasn't understanding why the masters/PhD program (because ASU doesn't offer a terminal masters) doesn't talk about counseling. All it talks about is research. So I emailed the psych advisers last week, got an email today and they informed me that the ASU psych program is a research-based program, that if I want to do something with counseling, I should apply to education psychology (which is what Lindsey is doing). So I was basically about to apply to a doctorate program that would have gotten me no where. That would have SUCKED. But luckily, I am on the right track, I don't have to take the subject GRE, and I think I actually have things finally figured out :) For the most part at least. There are obviously a lot of things I don't have figured out yet, but this was really weighing me down and I feel like a great weight has been lifted now that the uncertainty about grad school has disappeared.

Go Sun Devils!!!

No comments:

Do you think it is possible to fall in love with the wrong person?