Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What am I doing!?

The past week or so has been marked with that internal conflict I have once about every month. You know, the one where I question my major, what am I doing with my life, where am I going, where have I been, and most importantly is what I am doing right now getting me to where I need to go, nay, want to go? Well, let's see what I have neglected to accomplish:

- Study for my test that is tomorrow in Learning + Motivation
(Beginning that tonight)
- Begin an important project for the same class
- File my FAFSA (No $ = no school, kids)
- Start thinking about when I need to take my GRE and study for it

I don't think I realized that I really only have one more year left of college until last night. I've been so caught up in current events that I have failed to seriously consider more of my future. Not to say I'm unprepared, but I could be... I don't know, better I guess? Keep in mind, I am the first gen college student in my family, so I have no one showing me how to do this. It's hit-or-miss.

I've literally sat down with and said to some of my professors and advisers,
"Look. I have no clue what I'm doing. And I know this is college, I'm supposed to be somewhat independent, but I need you to hold my hand and tell me what my next step is. I have no idea." They must think, "Surely you jest!" No, I don't jest. And don't call me Shirley! (The Office)

But seriously. I am not getting the help I need (I sound like I have a serious problem haha) and it's frustrating so I just put it out of my mind. I'm pretty sure I need to file my DOG at some point this semester, and gosh.. 30 more credit hours and I'm done with this place. At least, figuratively speaking. If I get everything done that I need to. Ok. Time to take a break from thinking about that noise.

In other news, I have acquired the first two discs of season three of The Office. Laziness and neglect of currently important tasks commence... now! Haha I love it. And by the way, in a totally unrelated note, getting emails from ex-boyfriends I never thought I would hear from again? Good times. Haha.

Tonight I'm going to listen to this speaker talk about her anti-position of the Vagina Monologues. In my opinion, if you are speaking out against what most people would consider a liberating movement for the empowerment of women, you are defeating yourself, and creating more controversy. But maybe I'll change my mind after I listen to her speak. It's not like I'm biased at all in favor of the VMs since I've never been, so we'll see. Lauren and I are going on Saturday night to see them, it should be a good time. I'm kind of psyched seeing as what a big deal it is and how little I know about it.

Frick! I thought I had a lot more to say, but I have some things to get done before this speaker tonight so I better make like a baby and head out of this post.

OH YEAH! Pick up the State Press Magazine today: I'm featured in the cover story! :)

No comments:

Do you think it is possible to fall in love with the wrong person?