Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Game is Over

I have been thinking about 'NSYNC lyrics all day haha so I thought I would start this blog by titling it one of my favorite songs from their No Strings Attached CD. Good times!

While I perused Lauren's Australia blog, I realized a few things:
  1. My life's interest level pales in comparison to that of Lauren's and most other people's blogs lol
  2. I don't blog nearly as often as I should about details of my life that I may want to reflect on later, such as certain events taking place, or hanging out with certain people and what we were doing on that occasion.
  3. I thoroughly enjoy blogging!

T0 rectify the situation, I will start tonight by a summary of the last couple of days, and then really wow you with a narrative about mine and Mike's experience at Idol auditions on Friday.


So... tonight. Thoroughly enjoyable day over all. Possibly one of the best day/night combinations in quite a while. I'll start with today. For the first time in like a week I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep. I slept a couple hours Friday night after all the Idol craziness was over, then went to bed earlier than normal, got up around 12 today (Saturday) and got ready to go shopping with my mom. What you need to understand is that I never and I stress never shop with her. A few different reasons... she complains the whole time, doesn't like to linger in stores too long, constantly taking bathroom breaks even if it means re-walking the entirety of whatever marketplace we happen to be occupying... anyway I had my eye on some jeans at the Eagle on Thursday and the girl was nice enough to hold them for me until today so we went to TMP and I bought those... some pedal pushers, and some sweet polka dot pj's (which I didn't try on and, surprise surpise, did not fit! Since when is a small too big btw?). Then we went to the bathroom, then Tilly's where I bought an amazingly cute black purse for about $20 (definitely have never had a solid black purse). Then we went to Victoria's Secret!!! Yay...

I found some undies, and almost bought that amazing Biofit bra (which, to date, is probably the most comfortable bra I have ever put on) but it is $42 or something outrageous and I just didn't see myself putting it on my credit card. I don't necessarily need it (although I am obsessed with it at this point) and it will always be there. Maybe another time I can get it on sale. Anyway, I ended up getting another free PINK bag, which you get with ANY PINK purchase (even like the $2 undies I bought lol). I plan on using it tomorrow for whatever oddities I find at IKEA tomorrow with Bre.

After shopping my mom and I went to Lucille's for dinner. Amazing as usual. Beautiful men working there per the usual. Unfortunately the object of my affection was too far away for me to read his name tag but I assure you whole-heartedly of his attractiveness lol... you would be in love too. I got a phone call from Bre and she said that someone in Europe used her card somehow to buy gas fraudulently! WTF! You can't trust anybody! Well luckily the bank knew that she was out of town then so they caught it before anything bad happened to her credit, praise God for that! Money is such a tricky thing.

Around 6:15 Bre and I headed out for Third Format and had a great night there... Jeremy preached about homelessness and how we need to be a lot more willing to help God's unfortunate than we currently are. I was obviously made extremely uncomfortable by the message because of the stereotype I give homeless people, that most of them will not use the money they ask you for and sometimes receive, wisely. I would be far more likely to buy them a meal, and have had a consistent desire to do so, but am never in a situation where that is possible. It is always at the side of the freeway where I can't just ask them to jump into my truck. I wouldn't allow any stranger to do that, homeless or not. I prefer to live.

Afterwards, I was able to talk to the awesome intern boys of Camp Trek who I will thoroughly miss when they all go back to Indiana. Should have definitely gone with them to the movie tonight, it would have been nice to spend some extra time with them. But I had a great time with Bre; we stayed after 3F to watch The Princess Bride in the amphitheater, had some free pizza/chips/water (gotta love Nestle bottled water for sure). Not a bad movie if I do say so myself. The guy from Robin Hood: Men in Tights plays Wesley, and he is a funny actor, I like him. We sat in the grass for an hour and a half feeling like we were getting bitten and crawled all over by bugs, then we got up and headed back to my house. She left early to get a shower in before going to sleep, and we are going to IKEA like I said, tomorrow afternoon. I'm stoked; maybe I can find some sweet stuff for my room at PV East?

Well heck, I am really freaking tired, I have much more to say but I guess it will have to wait. I'll let you guys know if IKEA is doing anything great yet for the back-to-school season. They usually do it up so we'll see what happens. I want a laptop desk still! :)

Aim

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Yay for blogging. I love blogging as well.
Your part about N'Sync reminded me, did I tell you I got tickets to go see NKOTB (Before your time) in October? I TOTALLY got tickets. *Grin* I used to love them.

Yay for shopping and I love purses. I found that Ross is my favorite place to purchase purses.

I was truly touched by the message at 3F last. God is doing something to me, Aim. I blogged about it, go read it. Maybe you will be my accomplice in crime?

Unknown said...

i tagged you! check out my blog.

Do you think it is possible to fall in love with the wrong person?